Bill and Nel begin their lives together...

Bill and Nel begin their lives together...

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Thank you so much for everything you do for us. You always have those kind smiles on your faces, and there is never a hint of stress. (Just ask for a back rub now and then!) I have lots of great memories of coming over to your house and spending time with you. You would always take us fishing, or out to the park, packing the yummiest turkey sandwiches ever. (I always like the brown bread you have). 

I always feel spoiled to have such great grandparents like you, always spending time with us, and being a great example of how we should act. I love the moments of laughter we have together, and Grandma, those yummy bowls of peaches and milk that we eat. And of course, Joel and I always loved playing with your stuffed animals. Grandpa, thank you for teaching me how to put a worm on a hook to fish, even though I wasn’t very fond of it. You also tell such descriptive stories, that I wish I could tell that great. Grandma, thank you for teaching me how to paint, you’ve encouraged us to be creative with your beautiful paintings. You have the knack for art, and we’re glad you take the time to teach us. I love the way you hug, it makes me feel so special. There is never a moment without entertainment at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. I could go on and on about all you do for us, but that would take a book to write. (Maybe I will sometime!) 

Thank you for all you do for us. I don’t know why I got such great grandparents, but all I can say is that God blessed us VERY much.

Happy 50th Anniversary! I hope you have a fantastic day filled with love and laughter together.  

Love,
Allie